Thursday 20 April 2017

TGIFF: Finally a Friday Finish!


Welcome to Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday!  I'm Ruth and here on my blog there are lots of WIP's and not so many finishes, so it's probably not surprising that this is my first time hosting TGIFF. I am very excited to share a finish and celebrate all of yours at the link up below!  Thanks to Fiona for giving me the opportunity to host the party today!


For some reason, as soon as I have pieced a quilt top, it gets done in my head, for at least a little while.  Very rarely, do I go from finished quilt top to finished quilt.  I made this sampler quilt top last year, for a class I was giving the Cork branch of the Irish Patchwork Society, and only now, almost a year later, is it finished!

I'm entering it into an upcoming exhibition called Fun, with the Modern Quilters Ireland group, due for submission on the 27th, so not only is it finished but it's finished early.  Double celebrations!


I must admit, it took a tad longer that I expected to quilt it.  About 4 days doing wiggly daisies, loops, 8's, E's and O's and Lori Kennedy inspired rows of houses!


 What I really like about getting this one finished is, it has spurred me on to getting another one done!


These are some of the same blocks just with a different colour treatment and I am pondering how to quilt them.  I don't want to do the same again so maybe an all over something or other?  Any ideas?


But for the moment it's celebration time and time to bask in the glow of Friday Finishes!


Now it is your turn to link up so we can all celebrate your finishes this week.   Please share the fun and click on the links to visit your fellow linkers and leave a comment - it will be very much appreciated!   Add a link or the button to your post so that your readers can join us in the Friday Fun too.


23 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finish!! I love all the bright colors and different free motion motifs you used. So much quilting yumminess. I would be tempted to do some sort of all over design. When I make two of the same quilt, I like to custom quilt one and edge to edge the other, so that if I'm showing the quilts, it can give viewers a better idea how quilting can change up a quilt. This one would even look great with some simple straight/wavy line quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finish so many in my head too , I'm just sorry I haven't a real finish to link up with you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and I d like the detail of the houses in the quilting! How about some straight line echoes for the next quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always underestimate how long quilting takes. I did that for the last three days and am so happy to be ready for binding. The exhibition will be lovely! Hope you make lots of pictures there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is a fabulous finish! I love the quilted houses and how the blocks mesh together but aren't just lots of 12" squares visually

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilting, Ruth! I'm glad I'll be able to see it in the exhibition. Nice that you're hosting the TGIFF, as I have a couple of this kind of finishes, too - pieced a year ago, and inly quilted now ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your finished quilt is stunning!! I love it! Thank you so much for hosting TGIFF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours in your finish, looks fab. Enjoy the exhibition and thanks for hosting :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt suits the exhibition theme beautifully - it is downright fun, from its colours to your quilting choices. Congrats, and bask away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on a fabulous finish Ruth,the tiny house quilting is brilliant! It will be a great addition to what sounds like a very interesting exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really is a fun quilt. With all that colour I could hardly see your binding and I wondered if you had gone with facing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a wonderful quilt - and your quilting really really enhances it! Yay for you for getting it done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the quilt, Ruth. The quilting is beautiful. Congratulations on a gorgeous finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely finish, I love the way everything seems to float in the background, a very different sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun finish! I love how you focused your quilting on the background colors and made the brilliant shapes take the foreground. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great sampler finish! I love all of the different quilting designs you used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations for the finish! It's pretty. I do like those little houses!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job hostessing TGIFF! Your quilt top is just lovely. I don't have a Friday finish to share :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a wonderful finish. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great finish! I like how the pieces with the pale blue (light grey?) background seem to float a little bit, and your lovely quilting, especially those houses. I hope the exhibition goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Four days?! You totally deserve a celebration for having finished quilting it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...