Monday 2 March 2015

Design Wall Monday

I finally got my Lost in London quilt for Make Modern completely pieced over the weekend and am basting at the moment, which freed up the design wall for another project.  Yay! I am so happy to have the space to layout these gorgeous blocks I received from my hive mates in Modern Quilters Ireland 2015 Bee.

_DSF7020

_DSF7021I asked for houses on a blue or pale background, any design and shape and to add some embellishments if liked. Some added fussy cut pieces for the windows, applique trees, fences, a swing and even a dog! In addition, there were some very generous additions to the blocks. I’m loving the socks (so cute!) and the tissue holder is very apt at the moment (on steroids and more antibiotics for sinus – grr wish it would just go away!)

Helen even sent me the dog template she used so I am going to give Harvey (that's what I’m calling him!) a brother and a dog house and fill in some of the other spaces with applique clouds, maybe a clothes line and some garden flowers.  This is a happy fun eclectic neighbourhood. Any idea what I should call this quilt?

I’m loving all the colour up on the wall, it is so very cheery at the moment.  We’ve had horrible wind, rain, hailstones, thunder and lightning and snow this past week – hard to believe it is March and Spring! Thank you ladies for such beautiful blocks.

Linking up to Design Wall Monday and Thankful Thursdays!

10 comments:

  1. What cute house blocks! I'm not usually a fan of house blocks, but these are adorable. Have fun playing with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would call the quilt "community" to remind you of the wonderful quilting community that made so many lovely blocks for you. :) That was so nice of Helen to give you the template for the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks! They are so cheerful looking and people have put in some fantastic details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth! All these houses are Super fun! I love the one on the hill! This could also be 'Lost in London'! Have a great week! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these house blocks! What a lovely neighborhood!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love love love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look amazing together! Esp love the block with the pup - that's so sweet.Is there one with a swing? How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun, fun blocks! I tried to think of a name and all of mine were pretty boring, so I'm no help there.

    Hope the sinus crud clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have any ideas for naming this quilt Ruth. All I know is that it makes me feel really happy to look at all the blocks together. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It takes a village! You have a lovely village or small town here. A hamlet perhaps? It looks like a whimsical fun project that will help cheer those germs away.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...