Monday 10 November 2014

Design Wall Monday - Coastal Cruisers!

I finally got around to the three Coastal Cruiser Cushions my Cousin wanted for Christmas - (sorry - couldn't resist all the alliteration there!)

My uncle spotted the cushion I was finishing for my friend Sarah, told my cousin and next thing you know I had a Christmas order for 3 of them!  In colours close to the original Tula Pink designs made from her collection Salt Water. 

Now I don't have any of Salt Water in my stash (have a little bit of Prince Charming and Hoppy Dot!) so I've been collecting a few fat quarters here and there thinking Camper van, Camper van the whole time, straying somewhat from the brief colourwise!

Then as luck would have it, I won this bundle of Tidal Lace by Windham Fabrics from Anne @ Playcrafts.  

It arrived last week and is really gorgeous!  It's full of sea shells and sea shades including blues, greens and this lovely coral.   Thank you for a great prize!

And it's perfect for Tula Pink Camper Vans!  I added Essex Linen grey and a Kona medium grey as background to this green version.
For the blue I used the co-ordinating solids in the bundle.
Lastly for the orange I had a Fat Quarter Bundle from Fluffy sheep quilting of Kona oranges and yellows and put this dark orange with the paler colour from the bundle to get a set of three!

I have to stitch over the pieces held down with fusible and stitch the logo in the middle and then straight line quilt them.  It is going to be hard parting with these three, I'm loving the colours!

The Tula Pink pattern can be found free here!

12 comments:

  1. Lucky you - most beautiful Fabrics and perfect for these fantastic pillows! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful, Ruth! What a lucky cousin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I would have a hard time parting with them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, those turned out fantastic!!! I'm so glad the fabric found its way to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth these are awesome! I love seeing what people make with my collection! :) Totally made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fabrics for the Dormobiles: a hint of the sixties' hippy travellers! Lucky cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these cushions, they would be hard for me to part with too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these are so fun! I love your color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super adorable! Love how you chose your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun project ...these are so cute! And you could call them lucky pillows as well : )

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! I reply by email or within the thread if you are a noreply blogger so check back. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...